Emmanuel Ministries has been providing a safe shelter, nourishment, education, medical care, creative outlets, and spiritual guidance to the underprivileged children of Juarez, Mexico since 1962. We are a registered 501(c)3 nonprofit organization headquartered in El Paso, TX, just over the border from Juarez, Mexico. All donations are tax deductible.
The following ministries comprise Emmanuel and serve hand-in-hand to accomplish our mission to heal children, restore families, transform generations, and raise up history makers for the Kingdom of God.
- Emmanuel Children’s Home – Complete 24-hour care and restoration for children in need. We are home to anywhere from 60 to over 100 children at a time from the ages of 2 to 13 years old.
- Isaac Newton Academy – Excellent Christian education from pre-school to 6th grade. Our school is the only Christian education available in our part of town serving all of the children in the home as well as children from the community.
- Dragonflies Teen Ministry – Educating, mentoring, and launching teens into their destinies. Children graduate from our children’s home into our teen ministry where they receive school scholarships and an entire program tailored to their needs.
- Emmanuel Christian Church – Attending the spiritual needs of Emmanuel and the community. Every Sunday, our church is where all of our children, the families of our children, our staff, as well as community members come together in one place.
- Juarez House of Prayer – Establishing the presence of God in hearts and the city. Our prayer room is dedicated to seeing night and day worship and prayer while we call the city of Juarez to intimacy with Jesus in preparation for His return.
- Emmanuel Arts Academy – Discovery of God-given gifts and equipping future leaders. Each semester our children and teens have the opportunity to select from a wide range of classes such as painting, music, dance, martial arts, and many more.
- Emmanuel Missions Base – Training and sending history makers into the world. We receive international visitors and interns throughout the year while also training locals and the children of Emmanuel to be mighty forces in the Kingdom of God.
Juarez is a border city in the North of Mexico just south of the Rio Grande and El Paso, Texas. There are over 700 foreign assembly line factories in Juarez. Many people from the south of Mexico, where unemployment and poverty is severe, come to Juarez hoping to find jobs and better life opportunities. If these people find work they work long days, 12 hour shifts and make about $60 per week. They are unable to provide proper housing for their families so they end up in the slums of Juarez where they build cardboard houses to live in and survive. Juarez is situated in the high desert where temperatures can exceed 100 degrees fahrenheit in the summer and drop to below freezing in the winter.
Emmanuel Ministries reaches out to Mexican children who come from disadvantaged situations. Some children come from extreme poverty and broken homes where there is only one parent caring for them; others come from neglectful situations, physical and emotional abuse, and some from total abandonment. Children from 8 to 12 years old care for their younger siblings while their mother works long hours at factories to provide the basic needs for her family. Most of the time these children do not go to school and stay locked in their houses until the mother comes home from work, often late at night. Mexico has no state welfare system, so there is no government assistance to help these single parents to provide proper care and supervision. A Christian organization like Emmanuel Ministries is one of the few places these women can turn to for help.